Scholarships in Canada 2022 - The University Of British Columbia
Scholarships in Canada! Study in Canada with the sponsorship of a fully-funded or partial scholarship! There are many institutions, willing to provide financial aid, scholars, and support for your studies in Canada like The University of British Columbia! Take a look at the scholarship below, we have summarized the information for you. With effort and a great application you can be eligible for Scholarships in Canada!For more scholarships in CanadaFor more scholarships in Canada
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
Are looking for a studying in Canada? Take a look at this great scholarship opportunity. The Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award are scholarships at the University of British Columbia to study undergraduate programs with all the expenses covered. These fully funded scholarships target students from any country around the world that don’t have enough financial mans to cover their education expenses. For applying for this scholarship you must be able to prove your financial needs.
This award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under challenging circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without significant financial assistance.
These scholarships at the University of British Columbia are funded by the university. Take a look at the relevant information we summarize below. Also check the official site for full information and application!
International students from any country around the world are welcome to apply.
- The value of the Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.The Award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
- International students from any country around the world are welcome to apply.
- The student must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2022 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2020.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree. (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships, totalling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses, you are eligible to apply for the International Scholars Program.)
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
International students from around the world.
Level of Study:
Undergraduate programs offered by the University of British Columbia in Canada.
- Decide on the academic program you want to study, and which campus you want to choose.
- Submit your application to UBC.
- To apply for the International Scholars Program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee.
(Please note: your nominator should be your school counsellor or equivalent, and your academic referee should be someone who is familiar with you and your work – for example, your teacher for your chosen area of study.)
- Gather your required financial information, as well as notes on any extracurricular activities and awards.
- Apply for the International Scholars Program by completing this form.
- December 1, 2021: You must have submitted your online application for admission to UBC, and submitted your International Scholars Program application. Although you can specify two degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for an Internationals Scholars Program award.
- January 31, 2021: Meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard for direct-entry, or the English language requirement for UBC Vantage College if you have applied to a Vantage One program and are hoping to be considered for the Vantage One Excellent Award.
- January 31, 2022: Submit any documents required for your admission to UBC. Please submit by this deadline, not the date indicated in your “next steps” email.
- Mid-April, 2022: You will be informed if you have received an award.
For more scholarships in Canada click here!
For scholarships in America click here!
For scholarships in Europe click here!
For scholarships in Asia click here!
For scholarships in Oceania click here!
For scholarships in Africa click here!